SPAIN ’20 AFW ELITE Tour Overview
AFW ELITE Select Competition Tour SPAIN – April 11 – 19, 2020
Tour Highlights – Pricing Link Below
• Represent the USA in a football game for the first time vs. the Spanish National U19 Team
• Experience a week of practices lead by former highly successful college and HS state championship coaches growing alongside other excellent players from across the US
• Step inside the incomparable Sagrada Familia Basilica, stroll medieval Barri Gatic, visit beautiful Parc Guell and oversee Barcelona from the perch offered by Tibidabo
• Explore the impressive Roman ruins in coastal Tarragona
• Relax on the beachy peninsula of Peniscola while exploring its impressive castle
• Be awed by the beautiful authentic Spanish architecture mixed with extremely impressive modern structures in Valencia
• Feel the grand history of Spain in the capital city of Madrid
• Create new friendships and network with other impressive young men and families from across the US
• Parents and family members are welcome to join this special, once-in-a-lifetime tour
• Guided touring of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter called Barri Gatic. starting at Las Ramblas see the old Roman walls, the Barcelona Cathedral, the Carrer Bisbe bridge, Casa Padellas and Museum Picassl amongst other gems
• Enjoy tapas in Placa Reial, at the la Boqueria or on Las Remblas
• Visit unique Parc Guell, FC Barcelona, Montjuic (site of ’92 Summer Olympics) and view Barcelona from Tibadabo Amusement Park in the western foothills
• Tour arguably the most studied structure in the world in Sagrada Familia
• Enjoy a relaxing evening in restaurants and cafes of Port Olimpic as the Mediterranean Sea laps against the nearby shore
Tarragona and Peniscola
• Explore the historically fascinating coastal town of Tarragona home to well-preserved Roman ruins
• Be fascinated by the awesome fortress sitting at the end of a sandy peninsula in Peniscola
• Enjoy part of the day on the sand and surf of the beautiful Mediterranean Sea
• Visit nearby Valencia taking in its historic traditional Spanish architecture and some of the most striking modern architecture in Europe
• Enjoy some authentic Spanish meals, including the best paella to be experienced, in Peniscola or Valencia
• Potential co-practice with aspiring Spanish football players – be an international ambassador for USA’s favorite game
Game Day: Represent the USA vs. Spain – Play to Win!
• Prepare in a Week – Take on a great challenge to be ready to play as a team in less than a week. Your playbook will be distributed to you before our departure. Your football knowledge and experience should allow us to do some great things on the field for the USA.
• Coming Together – everything we do during the week – the morning practices, team meetings, bus rides, touring, meals – all in a foreign land sharing in new growth experiences will bring us incredibly close together as a team
• Play with Passion – One of the greatest thrills in your life will be representing the USA on foreign soil. When we run out before kickoff behind the American flag it will be a feeling you have never known before. We know you will play with all that you have to make this an athletic highlight you will always remember.
For registration forms download and print the following: AFW-ELITE Student-Athlete Registration Form and Non-Student-Athlete/Family Registration Form. Phone registrations are possible weekdays between 9:00 am and 2:30 pm CST. Call 309-781-7274.
For student-athlete fundraising consider the AFW Student-Athlete Sponsorship Form.
Click on TESTIMONIALS in Lower Navigation Bar.
Additional questions? Please see other HS Select Tour links including the Frequently Asked Questions link. Also, feel free to contact Jim Barnes at email@example.com / call 309-781-7274.