AFW ELITE ’14 Players At Collegiate Level
Various players from the USA-AFW ELITE ’14 team that traveled to France to tour, bond and defeat their U20 national championship team will be moving on to start their collegiate football careers in the coming days. Members of the high school senior select team traveled together to France March 22nd through March 30th, 2014 where they enjoyed and grew from a week of ambitious sight-seeing intermixed with football practices in Paris and Normandy. These special student-athletes utilized the opportunity to be challenged in a unique way and developed improved skills that will help them move on to be successful players – and students – at the collegiate level. The week of touring culminated with a game of American football against the defending U20 national championship team from France, the Paris Flash, played at their stadium in the Paris suburb of LaCorneuve.
American Football Worldwide was able to attract and put together an especially talented high school all-star team. Though they had to learn all team systems in a week’s time, the USA players adapted quickly and proficiently. The Flash, from one of the most successful American football clubs in the country of France, were early in their football season that is played in the spring in Europe. In addition, they had a number of star players move up to the senior club team once they turned 20. With strong presence on the line of scrimmage, the USA-AFW ELITE team dominated from start to finish earning a 50-0 victory (March 29, 2014). Following the game, the AFW ELITE team and the French team shared social time where they had a meal and told stories of the value American football had played in their lives.
Signifying the strength of the team American Football Worldwide put together, at least 19 players will continue to grow through the opportunities and challenges that college football has to offer. The list of USA-AFW ELITE players ‘graduating’ to college football includes:
• Zak Bennett from Idaho Falls, ID (Skyline HS) t0 the University of Southern Utah
• Nic Bucciarelli from Rochester, NY (McQuaid Jesuit HS) to Georgia Prep Sports Academy
• Jared Dillingham from Central, SC (J.D. Daniel HS) to Carson Newman University (TN)
• Dan Fabiniak from Marietta, GA (Lassiter HS) to Case Western Reserve University (OH)
• Montana Fuller, Garden City, KS (Garden City HS) to Hutchinson Community College (KS)
• Michael Gilson from Seymour, WI (Little Chute HS) to the University of Dubuque (IA)
• Ben Hartman from Del Rio, TX (Del Rio HS) to Fordham University (NY)
• Logan Hutson from Greenwood, IN (Center Grove HS) to the University of Indianapolis (IN)
• Nick Johnson from Skokie, IL (Maine West HS) to Ohio Dominican University
• Logan Lambert from Waynesville, NC (Tuscola HS) to Western Carolina University
• Ben Lawrence from Eau Claire, WI (North HS) to Concordia University (MN)
• Brady McDowell from Azle, TX (Azle HS) to Mary Hardin-Baylor (TX)
• Leif Nedweski from Kenosha, WI (Tremper HS) to Upper Iowa University
• James Palmeri from Chatham, NJ (St. Peter Prepatory) to East Stroudsburg University (PA)
• Geno Quaid from Lake Forest, IL (Lake Forest HS) to Claremont McKenna University (CA)
• Dale Russ from Pinetown, NC (Northside HS) to Chowan University (NC)
• Jack Schroeder from Rocky River, OH (St. Edwards HS) to John Carroll University (OH)
• Tucker VanDyke from Evans City, PA (Seneca Valley HS) Clarion University (PA)
• Joshua Wright from Sammamish, WA (Skyline HS) to Montana State University -Northern
For 2015 American Football Worldwide is organizing a HS Select tour to Italy to compete with their national U20 team with travel taking place March 29th through April 6th. In addition, AFW is negotiating a potential third trip to France to once again play their national U20 team the week of March 21-29, 2015. If you or a high school student-athlete you know is interested in either of these opportunities, please contact Jim Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.