Augustana Football Ireland Tour May 21 – 29, 2019
AUGUSTANA FOOTBALL TEAM AND FAMILY IRELAND TOUR: May 21 – 29, 2019
• Enjoy the uniquely spectacular sites and incredibly welcoming, warm people of Ireland
• Grow and benefit from the educational experiences international travel offers
• View the magnificent Cliffs of Moher along the west coast of ‘the Emerald Island’
• Enjoy the mystical ambiance of Galway with its colorful cafes and engaging street performers
• Be fascinated by the intriguing history and renaissance of Belfast in Northern Ireland (UK)
• Explore Dublin – a city of significance and recognized as one of the most congenial and festive in all the world
• Represent Augustana College in an international game vs. Ireland’s Belfast Trojans
• Come to learn of the historical importance of Ireland in preserving the written word of Christianity after the fall of the Roman Empire
• Parents and family members are encouraged to join this special, once-in-a-lifetime tour
Authentic Ireland: Galway, Cliffs of Moher & Trim Castle
• Guided tour and free time in mystical Galway – the ‘most Irish’ of Irish cities – and its beautiful coastal bay
• Excursion to the majestic views of the Cliffs of Moher – the most photographed location in Ireland
• Stop in Athlone – enjoy lunch along the famed River Shannon
• Visit Sean’s Bar the oldest pub on the island
• Potential overlap with Augustana football alumni • Take in and savor the ambiance, food and music of Ireland • Trim Castle Visit – historic landmark utilized in Academy Award winning film Braveheart
Belfast and Northern Ireland
• Come to know of the turbulent history of the most significant city in Northern Ireland
• Visit the fascinating Titanic Museum
• Consider the Game of Thrones tour
• View King John’s Castle and the impressive St. Mary’s Cathedral
• Compete and serve as an ambassador for the USA’s favorite game
• Enjoy a post-game celebration with your earlier competitors that you are likely to never forget
• Dublin – Ireland’s capital city and its economic centre – home to a burgeoning tech industry
• Tour countless highlights including St. Peter’s Cathedral and Trinity College with the Book of Kells
• View the impressive Dublin Castle and quench your thirst at Guinness Storehouse
• Relax in the social hub of Temple Bar fully absorbing ‘all things Irish’
• Be impressed with the athletic history of Ireland at Gaelic Athletic Hall of Fame and within Croke Park
Game Day: Represent the USA vs. Ireland – Augustana Vikings vs. Belfast Trojans!
• Competing in Ireland will be one of the most favorite athletic memories of your life.
• Coming Together – the whole week-plus of travel will bring players incredibly close and lead to greater unity that will carry over to your fall football season
• Play with Passion – One of the greatest thrills in your life will be the unique experience representing the USA on foreign soil. When you run out before kickoff behind the American flag it will be a feeling you have never known before.
Augustana Football – Ireland ’19 Traveler Information – AC-IR19 Traveler Information
For registration forms download and print the following: Augustana Student-Athlete Ireland ’19 Registration Form and Augustana Family Ireland ’19 Registration Form. Phone registrations are possible weekdays between 9:00 am and 2:30 pm CST. Call 309-781-7274.
You are encouraged to click on TESTIMONIALS in Lower Navigation Bar.
FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND PRICING INFORMATION contact AFW at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-781-7274.