Augustana Football ALUMNI Tour to Ireland – May 18-26, 2019
AUGUSTANA FOOTBALL ALUMNI IRELAND TOUR: May 18-26, 2019
• Enjoy the uniquely spectacular sites and incredibly welcoming, warm and fun people of Ireland
• Reunite with some of your former teammates and other alums from some of the best years of your life
• See your alma mater play in a special game of American football at the international level • Explore famous Dublin, its wonderful sites and festive atmosphere
• Enjoy the mystical ambiance of Galway with its colorful cafes and engaging street performers
• Be fascinated by the intriguing history and renaissance of Belfast in Northern Ireland (UK)
• Come to learn of the historical importance of Ireland in preserving the written word of Christianity
• Encourage your former teammates to join in and create special memories you will cherish forever
• Dublin – Ireland’s capital city and its economic centre – home to a burgeoning tech industry
• Tour St. Peter’s Cathedral and Christ Church
• Visit impressive Trinity College and see the incomparable Book of Kells • View historically significant Dublin Castle • Come to know the impressive history of Guinness and quest your thirst at their Storehouse
• Be impressed with the athletic history of Ireland at Gaelic Athletic Association Hall of Fame
• Come to know the history of Croke Park and Bloody Sunday • A ‘traveler choice’ day for your to pursue an interest – “Golf anyone?” • Evening festivities in the social hub of Temple Bar fully absorbing ‘all things Irish’
Authentic Ireland: Galway, Cliffs of Moher & Trim Castle
• Guided tour and free time in mystical Galway – the ‘most Irish’ of Irish cities – and its beautiful coastal bay
• Stop in Athlone – enjoy lunch along the famed River Shannon
• Visit Sean’s Bar – the oldest pub on the island dating to 10th century
• Excursion to the majestic views of the Cliffs of Moher – the most photographed location in Ireland
• Time at Cliffs and dinner with the touring Augustana football team and staff • Take in and savor the ambiance, food and music of Ireland • Trim Castle Visit – historic landmark utilized in Academy Award winning film Braveheart
Belfast and Northern Ireland
• Come to know of the turbulent history of the most significant city in Northern Ireland
• Potential to visit the fascinating Titanic Museum or take the Game of Thrones tour
• International Game Day and festivities
• ‘Tailgate’ European style with American football fans in Ireland
• Support the Vikings as they represent Augustana and the USA in Europe
• Enjoy a special post-game celebration with members of the Belfast American football club
International Game Day: Witness Your Augustana Vikings vs. Ireland’s Belfast Trojans!
• Seeing the Augie Vikings compete in Ireland will be one of the most unique and fun athletic spectating memories of your life.
• Visiting and striking up friendships with others in Ireland who share a love of football will be a tremendously rewarding experience – and may lead to ongoing cross-Atlantic friendships
• Reuniting with former teammates, classmates, alums and their family members will enrich your life
For registration forms download and print the following: Augustana Alum Ireland ’19 Registration Form. Phone registrations are possible weekdays between 9:00 am and 2:30 pm CST. Call 309-781-7274.
You are encouraged to click on TESTIMONIALS in Lower Navigation Bar.
FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND PRICING INFORMATION contact AFW at email@example.com or call 309-781-7274.