AFW ELITE Select Competition Tour ITALY – March 21 – March 29, 2020
Tour Highlights – Pricing Link Below
• Represent the USA in an international game of American football vs. the Italian National U19 Team
• Experience a week of practices lead by former highly successful college and HS state championship coaches growing alongside other excellent players from across the US
• Step inside the incomparable Roman Colosseum, home of the original Gladiator performances, and walk the Roman Forum
• Tour Holy Rome – Vatican City and St. Peter’s Basilica
• Enjoy the ambiance of Tuscany and the medieval city of Siena
• Discover the roots of the Renaissance in artistic Florence
• Visit the exquisitely beautiful area of Cinque Terra – “the Italian Riviera”. • Potentially take in the financial and fashion capital of Italy that is Milan
• View and experience the beauty of the Lake Como region
• Parents and family members are welcome to join this special, once-in-a-lifetime tour
• Guided touring of Rome including Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Navona Square, Vittoriano Monument, Piazza Venezia, the Spanish Steps, the Appian Way and the grounds that held Circus Maximus.
• Entrance to the Roman Colosseum and the historic Roman Forum included
• Scheduled touring time at the Vatican Museum including the Sistine Chapel
• Access to St. Peter’s Basilica & Square provided – time to view and tour nearby Castel Sant’Angelo available as well
• The sense of history and beauty will leave you longing to return to Rome
Tuscany, Siena and Artistic Florence
• View the renowned beauty of the Tuscan countryside
• Explore well-preserved, medieval city of Siena home of one-of-a-kind “Palio” horse race
• Immerse yourself in Florence – “Birthplace of the Renaissance”
• Cathedral Sante Maria de Fiore (“The Duomo”), Piazza della Signoria, Piazalle Michelangelo
• View and walk Ponte Vecchio Bridge over the Arno River
• Schedule personal gallery time at The Uffizi, Accademia (home to “The David”) or Pitti Palace
• Co-practice with aspiring Italian football players – be an international ambassador for USA’s favorite game
Cinque Terra, Lake Como and Milan
• Cinque Terra – on the Ligurian Sea of the Mediterranean at the base of steep vineyard cliffs sit five authentic and beautiful Italian towns all linked, because of no auto access, by one hillside train line
• Como – our home base the last weekend, and the weekend of our game. We plan to stay in Como at the southern tip of famous Lake Como, one of Europe’s deepest and Italy’s third largest lake. For centuries this area with its surrounding hillsides adorned with villas and palaces, including the one featured in James Bond’s “Casino Royale”, has been a favorite retreat spot of Italy and Europe’s wealthiest
• – Italy’s gateway to northern Europe and home to Italy’s financial and fashion capital, hosts the 5th largest cathedral in the world, Sforza’s Castle, LaScala Theater, our last chance for souvenir shopping at the Galleria or its other plentiful markets
Game Day: Represent the USA vs. Italy – Play to Win!
• Prepare in a Week – Take on a great challenge to be ready to play as a team in less than a week. Your playbook will be distributed to you before our departure. Your football knowledge and experience should allow us to do some great things on the field for the USA.
• Coming Together – everything we do during the week – the morning practices, team meetings, bus rides, touring, meals – all in a foreign land sharing in new growth experiences will bring us incredibly close together as a team
• Play with Passion – One of the greatest thrills in your life will be representing the USA on foreign soil. When we run out before kickoff behind the American flag it will be a feeling you have never known before. We know you will play with all that you have to make this an athletic highlight you will always remember.
For registration forms download and print the following: AFW-ELITE Student-Athlete Registration Form and Non-Student-Athlete/Family Registration Form. Phone registrations are possible weekdays between 9:00 am and 2:30 pm CST. Call 309-781-7274.
For student-athlete fundraising consider the AFW Student-Athlete Sponsorship Form.
Click on TESTIMONIALS in Lower Navigation Bar.
Italian Federation of American Football Invitation Letter to AFW – FIDAF Invitation Letter to AFW
Additional questions? Please see other HS Select Tour links including the Frequently Asked Questions link. Also, feel free to contact Jim Barnes at email@example.com / call 309-781-7274.