AFW ELITE to IRELAND 2019 – Tour Information
AFW ELITE Select IRELAND TOUR – March 30 – April 7, 2019
Tour Highlights – Pricing Link Below
• Represent the USA in an international game of American football vs. the Irish National U20 Team
• Improve during a week of practices lead by highly successful college and HS championship coaches
• View the magnificent Cliffs of Moher along the west coast of the Emerald Island of Ireland
• Enjoy the mystical ambiance of Galway with its colorful cafes and engaging street performers
• Relish in the charm and hospitality of Limerick – Ireland’s first ‘Irish City of Culture’
• Explore Dublin – a city of significance and one of the most friendly and festive in all the world
• Grow as a person serving as a positive ambassador for the USA and American football
• Come to learn of the historical importance of Ireland in preserving the written word of Christianity after the fall of the Roman Empire
• Parents and family members are encouraged to join this special, once-in-a-lifetime tour
Galway and Cliffs of Moher
• Guided tour of mystical Galway – the ‘most Irish’ of Irish cities – and its beautiful coastal bay
• Majestic views of and off the Cliffs of Moher – the most photographed location in Ireland
• Lunch along the famed River Shannon
• Educational tour time at Clonmacnoise Monastery at the “Crossroads” of Ireland
• Begin practices with some outstanding players from all across the USA • Free time to take in and savor the ambiance, food and music of Ireland
Limerick and Central Ireland
• View the enchanting beauty of the plush green Irish countryside
• Explore the most authentic and complete medieval castle of Bunratty turning back nearly 7 centuries in Irish life
• Tour the rejuvenated city of Limerick chosen as the country’s first ever City of Culture in 2014
• View King John’s Castle and the impressive St. Mary’s Cathedral
• Enjoy a stroll, a meal or a drink along the Shannon River tidal stream
• Co-practice with aspiring Irish football players from the University of Limerick Vikings – be an international ambassador for USA’s favorite game
• Dublin – Ireland’s capital city and its economic centre – home to a burgeoning tech industry
• Tour countless highlights including St. Peter’s Cathedral and Trinity College with the Book of Kells
• View the impressive Dublin Castle and tour Guinness Storehouse
• Relax in the social hub of Temple Bar fully absorbing ‘all things Irish’
• Be impressed with the athletic history of Ireland at Gaelic Athletic Hall of Fame and, Croke Park and Landsdowne Road Stadium
Game Day: Represent the USA vs. Ireland – Play to Win!
• Prepare in a Week to WIN – Take on a great challenge to be ready to play as a team in less than a week. Your playbook will be distributed to you before our departure. Your football knowledge and experience should allow us to do some great things on the field for the USA.
• Coming Together – everything we do during the week – the morning practices, team meetings, bus rides, touring, meals – all in a foreign land sharing in new growth experiences – will bring us incredibly close together as a team
• Play with Passion – One of the greatest thrills in your life will be representing the USA on foreign soil. When we run out before kickoff behind the American flag it will be a feeling you have never known before. We know you will play with all that you have to make this an athletic highlight you will always remember.
For registration forms download and print the following: AFW ELITE Student-Athlete Ireland ’19 Registration Form and Non-Student-Athlete/Family Ireland ’19 Registration Form. Phone registrations are possible weekdays between 9:00 am and 2:30 pm CST. Call 309-781-7274.
For student-athlete FUNDRAISING consider the AFW Student-Athlete Ireland Sponsorship Form.
Click on TESTIMONIALS in Lower Navigation Bar.
Additional questions? Please see other HS Select Tour links including the Frequently Asked Questions link. Also, feel free to contact Jim Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org / call 309-781-7274.